Wednesday, September 7

Gold Lotto ticket sold in Proserpine


Staff at NewsXpress were over the moon when they heard a division one Gold Lotto ticket worth $648, 605.81 drawn on Saturday night was sold in their store.
 The lucky winner, a Proserpine man in his 40's has just come forward to claim his prize and explained his win was very much a surprise and his family initially didn't believe that he had won.
 "I was on the computer late on Saturday night and thought I may as well check the draw. I always use the same numbers so when I saw them on the screen I immediately recognised them as mine.
 "I called out to my family that I'd won Gold Lotto but they didn't believe me!
 "We had quite a celebration. In fact, I'm still recovering!"
 The lucky local said he had simply purchased the ticket from NewsXpress on his way to the airport to visit family in Brisbane for Father's Day.
 When asked what he plans to do with his windfall he said he wasn't yet sure.
 "I intend to take my time to think about it," he said.
 "But I will definitely keep working."
 Lyn Burke of NewsXpress said all the staff were still excited about it all.
 "We were jumping up and down on Sunday. This is really great for the town and is sending out a really positive vibe, because you just never know your luck," she said.
 We've also been promoting 'while the boss is away, the staff will play'. And though we haven't sold the store on them, we have sold a winning ticket!"
 There were seven division one winners nationally in Saturday Gold Lotto draw 3143, with one winner each for Queensland and New South Wales, two from Victoria and three from Western Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment