Thursday, August 9

Whitsunday man's golden moment

Like a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, local man Julian Allen has the golden ticket in his hand after finding the winning XXXX Gold bottle which will send him on a magical adventure.
It was just two weeks ago Julian found and held the unique hand-painted XXXX bottle, which is one of 12 released around Australia as part of a competition to win a trip to the XXXX island.
"My mum bought the carton from Thirsty Camel at Centro ... as soon as I saw it, I knew!" Julian said.
The enviable local has won a trip to XXXX island with three friends, valued at $10,000 and as he expecting his first child in November, is holding off the trip-of-a-lifetime till December.
"I'll probably take my nephew, a mate and my father-in-law. The father-in-law doesn't know yet, but he'll find out after reading this story!"
XXXX island, known as Pumpkin Island, is approximately 15 kilometres of Yeppoon and is the perfect sanctuary for a 'man's trip'.
"I'm stoked. It's three nights! I'm a mad fisherman and crabber."
Julian is hoping for good weather and will continue drinking his favourite beverage.
"It's about as good as it gets. It's gold!"
To date, Julian is the only person to find a winning bottle or can with 11 more up for grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment