Wednesday, April 11

Proserpine teenager cleans up with Guardian's footy tipping competition

Proserpine teenager Steven Dair’s gut feeling that the Rabbitohs would beat the Bulldogs paid off for the high school student who came into the Guardian yesterday to pick up $150 cash.
The 13 year old won the Whitsunday Coast Guardian’s weekly prize in The NRL Footy Tipping Competition after successfully tipping the eight winning teams.
“You can’t go past the Raiders when they’re at home, so that was easy and I had a gut feeling about the Rabbitohs,” said the local footy player.
“I love the Sharks and wouldn’t have tipped the Cowboys to win even if they hadn’t been playing the Storm because I just don’t like them!”
Steven says it’s the first time ever he’s successfully tipped eight winners, however his sister a few weeks ago also tipped the winners in the very same competition but had to share her prize with  a few other winners.
“I was jumping off the walls on Monday night when I knew I’d tipped all eight.
“However I thought there might have been more winners because my mum tipped the eight as well and she’s not very good at it,” he said.
All said and done, this footy fan is $150 richer because he put pen to paper and entered the Guardian’s popular tipping competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment